What we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us, we will not hide from our children.  We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, His power, and the wonders He has done.
 -Psalm 78:3-4

03 November 2008

Preparing for Departure

My pulse increases a bit at the thought of Sheffield.  In fact, when I pressed the 'purchase' button for my airfare, I prayed beforehand and closed my eyes before clicking.  But, after praying, support raising, and preparing since March, I finally have a departure date.  November, 11, 2008.  I like the fact that it is 11/11.  

The past week has been a whirlwind of activity.  I reached 100% of my funding and immediately starting praying more fervently about a departure date.  Turns out that Antioch Community Church Sheffield's annual church retreat is November 14-16.  I'm looking forward to a time of getting to know the church members, worshipping with English nationals, and being a part of the vision-casting for the coming year.  2009 in Sheffield. 

In light of all of the preparation, departure still seems surreal.  Even as I put my thoughts down, I cannot believe that Friday I flew to Colorado to spend a week with my family, and Saturday I return to Fort Worth for a Bon Voyage party before my flight on Tuesday afternoon.  My time with my family has been blessed so far, thanks for all your prayers!  Oh, but it was so hard to say goodbye to my twin sister and niece.  Thank God for technology :).  

I know I am trusting in God to see me not only through this pre-departure time but post-departure as well.  Thank you to everyone who has made it possible through prayer, support, advice, hugs, encouragement, and MORE prayer.  I hope to send the next post from Sheffield on November the 12th.  Until then, I hope to see your beautiful faces at the Bon Voyage party, on Skype, or in my prayers.  

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!